Plenary Insights – December 2018
DG Communication is continuously monitoring public opinion by conducting regular Eurobarometer surveys in all 28 EU Member States. This newsletter aims at providing general public with the most recent Eurobarometer data on key topics of this week’s plenary agenda.
Although this service cannot be fully exhaustive, as not all items on the plenary agenda have been the subject of a recent Eurobarometer survey, we can offer fresh survey data on the following items of the plenary session:
- Preparation of the European Council meeting of 13 and 14 December 2018
- Debate on the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union
- Debate on the results of the Eurogroup and preparation of the EURO summit
- ‘Future of Europe’: Debate with the President of Cyprus , Nicos Anastasiades
- Annual report on human rights and democracy in the world 2017 and the European Union’s policy on the matter / Award of the Sakharov Prize
- European Foreign, Security and Defence Policy (Art 36 TEU)
- EU-Japan economic Partnership Agreement
- Findings and recommendations of the Special Committee on Terrorism
Parliament’s Eurobarometer surveys cover a wide range of issues. They focus primarily on the European citizens’ knowledge of the European Parliament and their perceptions of the EU and its main policy challenges. Expectations in view of the European elections, of the European Parliament and the European integration in general also form part of the face-to-face interviews conducted with more than 27.000 respondents. Together with the Eurobarometer surveys conducted by the European Commission, the data available allows for a detailed and up-to-date insight into citizens’ opinions, expectations and perceptions.