Plenary Insights – March 2019
DG Communication is continuously monitoring public opinion by conducting regular Eurobarometer surveys in all 28 EU Member States. This newsletter aims at providing general public with the most recent Eurobarometer data on key topics of this week’s plenary agenda.
Although this service cannot be fully exhaustive, as not all items on the plenary agenda have been the subject of a recent Eurobarometer survey, we can offer fresh survey data on the following items of the plenary session:
- Preparation of the European Council meeting of 21 and 22 March 2019
- ‘Future of Europe’: Debate with the Prime Minister of Slovakia, Peter Pellegrini
- Council and Commission statements- Climate change
- European Semester for economic policy and coordination
- European Union Cybersecurity Act
- Protection of personal data in the context of elections to the European Parliament
- European Solidarity Corps programme
Parliament’s Eurobarometer surveys cover a wide range of issues. They focus primarily on the European citizens’ knowledge of the European Parliament and their perceptions of the EU and its main policy challenges. Expectations in view of the
European elections, of the European Parliament and the European integration in general also form part of the face-to-face interviews conducted with more than 27.000 respondents. Together with the Eurobarometer surveys conducted by the European
Commission, the data available allows for a detailed and up-to-date insight into citizens’ opinions, expectations and perceptions.