Twenty-eight candidates for the European Charlemagne Youth Prize 2014
The national winning entries for the annual European Charlemagne Youth Prize, now in its seventh year, have been announced. Twenty-eight national projects were chosen from 370 projects in total. The competition is open to young people aged between 16 and 30 who have been involved with projects helping to promote understanding between peoples of different European countries. The three final European winners will be announced at an award ceremony in Aachen (Germany) on 27 May 2014.
As well as promoting European and international understanding, the winning projects should serve as role models for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together, such as youth events, youth exchanges or Internet projects with a European dimension. This year's candidates submitted projects from different domains, such as fighting youth unemployment, organising European arts festivals and European youth camps and many more.
Selection of the 28 national winners from 370 projects on total
National juries in each of the 28 EU Member States consisting of at least two MEPs and one representative of a youth organisation selected a national winner. In total 370 projects from all 28 Member States were submitted to the national juries. This is the second best result since the launch of the Prize in 2008 but the first time that we have 28 national winners!
Selection of the final European winners
A European jury, consisting of the President of the European Parliament, three MEPs, and four representatives of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize, will select the three final European winners, from the 28 projects submitted by national juries. The three winners will be announced on 27 May 2014 in Aachen.
Fostering a shared sense of European identity
Organised by the European Parliament and the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen, ECYP winners will be awarded €2,000, €3,000 and €5,000 as third, second and first prize respectively, for existing projects that foster a shared sense of European identity and cooperation.
Representatives of the best projects from each of the 28 EU Member States will be invited to Aachen, on 27 May 2014, to participate in the award ceremony. Winners will participate as well in the official Charlemagne Ceremony that will be awarded to Herman Van Rompuy, President of the European Council, two days later on 29 May.
The Prize can be followed via Twitter on @EUyouthPrize and via the hashtag #ECYP2014
The latest information on the Charlemagne Youth Prize 2014 can be found on the website dedicated to the Prize:
List of the 28 national winners:
- AUSTRIA - EU Convent 2013 - http://schuelerunion.at/
- BELGIUM - European Youth Parliament (EYP) - http://eyp-europolis.be/en/
- BULGARIA - Meeting Diversity 2013 - http://aiesec.bg/meeting-diversity/
- CYPRUS - EMPLOYMENT4U - https://www.facebook.com/youthdynamicscy
- CZECH REPUBLIC - International iForum - http://iforum.cuni.cz/
- GERMANY - 'Points Of You' - http://www.pointsofyou.eu/en
- DENMARK - Vores Europa / Our Europe - www.our-europe.com
- ESTONIA - The rolling citizens - http://www.headest.ee
- SPAIN - Programa Padrino - http://bit.ly/1nmHaBi
- FINLAND - Wind for youth - http://www.ino.fi/wfy.html
- FRANCE - Festival européen des arts et des sciences - http://festivalofarts.over-blog.com
- GREECE - Invest in Education - http://invest-in-education.eu/
- CROATIA - Model European Union Zagreb 2014 - http://meuz.eu/
- HUNGARY - Kisebbségek Európában / Minorities in Europe
- IRELAND - embracing change - http://on.fb.me/1kOvxRN
- ITALY - H.E.R.O.: Handle Emergencies of Rome's Operations - http://bit.ly/1cBligP
- LITHUANIA - Identity in Europe: a Discovery - http://www.vkuc.lt/en
- LATVIA - Eiropas Jauniešu parlamenta 11. Latvijas Nacionālā konference - https://www.facebook.com/LNC2013
- LUXEMBOURG - Choeur Robert Schuman: la Création de Joseph Haydn, reloaded - http://www.inecc.lu/2014/01/concert-du-choeur-robert-schuman-a-arlon/
- MALTA - Preserving the present, saving the future - http://www.aegee-valletta.org/
- THE NETHERLANDS - JouwDelft & Co.- http://jouwdelft.nl/
- POLAND - Scouting without borders (Skauting bez granic) - http://nysa.zhp.pl/skauting-bez-granic/
- PORTUGAL- Campos Internacionais de Voluntariado: espaço de promoção de uma identidade europeia - http://home.rotajovem.com/
- ROMANIA - Intercultural Dialogue - a European Adventure - http://bit.ly/1c72UrM
- SWEDEN - Human Rights Generation - http://bit.ly/1cWtSS8
- SLOVENIA - Project 668 http://www.project668.org/
- SLOVAKIA - Danube Bridges http://www.eac.sk/
- UNITED KINGDOM - Inspired Impressions: Europe! http://bitetheballot.co.uk/inspiredimpressions/
Charlemagne Youth Prize Webseite with links to the 28 national projects: http://www.charlemagneyouthprize.eu/
Further information on Our Europe: http://www.voreseuropa.dk
Further information on JouwDelft & Co: http://jouwdelft.nl/
Further information on Employment4You: https://www.facebook.com/youthdynamicscy
Homepage of the audiovisual service: http://audiovisual.europarl.europa.eu/
BXL: (+32) 2 28 44302
STR: (+33) 3 881 73780
PORT: (+32) 498 98 35 50