The next BUDG Committee meeting will take place on 3 & 4 September 2014 in Brussels.
Presentation and competencies
Committee responsible for:
1. the multiannual financial framework of the Union’s revenue and expenditure and the Union’s system of own resources;
2. Parliament’s budgetary prerogatives, namely the budget of the Union as well as the negotiation and implementation of interinstitutional agreements in this field;
3. Parliament’s estimates according to the procedure defined in the Rules;
4. the budget of the decentralised bodies;
5. the financial activities of the European Investment Bank which are not part of European economic governance;
6. the budgetisation of the European Development Fund, without prejudice to the powers of the committee responsible for the ACP-EU Partnership Agreement;
7. financial implications and compatibility with the multiannual financial framework of all Union acts, without prejudice to the powers of the relevant committees;
8. keeping track of and assessing the implementation of the current budget notwithstanding Rule 95(1), transfers of appropriations, procedures relating to the establishment plans, administrative appropriations and opinions concerning buildings-related projects with significant financial implications;
9. the Financial Regulation, excluding matters relating to the implementation, management and control of the budget.