Work programme 2011
It is suggested to pursue the following objectives during the year 2011.
Exchanges of views with all institutional interlocutors who support a settlement on the island or are involved in it:
- Vice-President/High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy
- Enlargement Commissioner and other Commissioners in charge of sectorial policies
- Task Force for the Turkish Cypriot Community
- Cyprus Steering Group
- Commission President's personal Representative to the Good Offices Mission of the United Nations in Cyprus: Mr Leopold Maurer
- Minister for Foreign and/or European Affairs
Council of Europe
- Cypriot delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly including the Turkish-Cypriot observers
- rapporteur of the Political Affairs Committee of the Assembly: Mr. Hörster, ...
- Contacts with representatives of the Turkish Cypriot Community
- Invitations to various think-tanks dealing with the Cyprus problem.
Delegations to Cyprus
- meetings with the Turkish-Cypriot leadership and the different political parties;
- visit to different locations in the northern part of the island to assess the economic and social situation;
- briefings by the European Union Programme Support Office in the northern part of the island;
- take part in meetings under the auspices of the ambassador of Slovakia in Nicosia between the political parties of the two communities;
- meetings with the Committee on Missing Persons (CMP);
- meetings with actors of all sectors of the civil society in the Turkish-Cypriot community, in particular when engaged in bi-communal projects;
- appropriate contacts with representatives of EU Member states, the Commission and the United Nations.