Go back to the Europarl portal

Choisissez la langue de votre document :

  • bg - български
  • es - español
  • cs - čeština
  • da - dansk
  • de - Deutsch
  • et - eesti keel
  • el - ελληνικά
  • en - English (Selected)
  • fr - français
  • ga - Gaeilge
  • hr - hrvatski
  • it - italiano
  • lv - latviešu valoda
  • lt - lietuvių kalba
  • hu - magyar
  • mt - Malti
  • nl - Nederlands
  • pl - polski
  • pt - português
  • ro - română
  • sk - slovenčina
  • sl - slovenščina
  • fi - suomi
  • sv - svenska
Parliamentary questions
PDF 100kWORD 17k
10 April 2018
Question for written answer P-002045-18
to the Commission
Rule 130
Jonathan Arnott (EFDD)

 Subject:  Legal recourse for citizens in the event of a breach of EU regulations
 Answer in writing 

A constituent of mine, a British national who had been living in Germany for a number of years, was in receipt of the German jobseekers’ allowance in Munich. Upon moving to Augsburg, his allowance payments were stopped. Finding himself without means of support in Germany, he had no alternative but to return to the UK. He believes that his rights have not been upheld, and wishes to return to Germany to seek paid employment.

Whilst I appreciate that the Commission is unable to comment on specific cases, could it clarify what recourse is available in law for a member of the public in the event of a breach by a Member State of Regulation 883/2004 as implemented by Implementing Regulation 987/2009?

Last updated: 11 April 2018Legal notice