Irish students to participate in Euroscola tomorrow
After spending the past week wondering if they would be able to fly or not, 23 Irish secondary school students will represent Ireland in tomorrow's Euroscola event at the European Parliament in Strasbourg. The students come from 16 Irish secondary schools and were chosen as the winners of this year's Graduate Online Youth Quiz. Tomorrow they will join students from the other 26 EU Member States to experience what it would be like to be an MEP for the day. They will discuss a number of current issues and vote on these later in the day.
Throughout the past year, Irish students have been logging on at www.graduate.ie to participate in the weekly Graduate Online Youth Quiz. The questions each week ranged from music to health and safety, from politics to sport. Each Monday, the Graduate programme then randomly selected weekly winners and their corresponding schools were informed that one of their students would participate in the European Parliament's Euroscola programme in Strasbourg.
This year's winning students were:
- Sophie Atkinson from Christ King Secondary School in Cork
- Aisling Burke from Mountrath Community College in Laois
- Alix Carroll from Mountrath Community College in Laois
- Avril Constant from Christ King Secondary School in Cork
- Katie Connolly from Coláiste Bríde in Dublin
- Steven Dooley from Coláiste Naomh Cormac in Offaly
- Andrew Dowling from Clonkeen College in Dublin
- Jennifer Gardner from St Dominic's College in Dublin
- Margaret Gath from Killina Presentation Secondary School in Offaly
- Graham Hannigan in Castleknock Community College in Dublin
- Chloe Kelly from Manor House School in Dublin
- Ciara Kennedy from Portumna Community School in Galway
- Carrie Magee from Mountrath Community College in Laois
- Noelle Minnock from Killina Presentation Secondary School in Offaly
- Ryan Mulcahy from Scoil Aireagail in Kilkenny
- Clare McCormick from St Joseph's Secondary School in Mayo
- Barry McDonnell from Wilson's Hospital School in Westmeath
- Hannah O'Keeffe from Sancta Maria College in Mayo
- Shane Prior from Heywood Community School in Laois
- Gerard Sheridan from Castleknock Community College in Dublin
- Emily Skeritt from Ennis Community College in Clare
- Sinéad Tighe from St Joseph's Secondary School in Mayo and
- Michael Vaughan from Coláiste Mhuire in Kilkenny.
For further information, please contact Eimear Ní Bhroin, Press Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 8559423.