What should the EU be doing to support the tourism industry?
On Friday, 28 May, Fine Gael MEP Seán Kelly will chair a public consultation meeting about the EU's potential role in supporting the tourism industry, contributing to its development and helping it to face the challenges ahead. The event will take place at the Malton Hotel in Killarney and will be addressed by a range of speakers representing different elements of the industry. As the EU is currently examining its new role in the development of tourism, as acquired under the Lisbon Treaty last year, the European Parliament Office in Ireland is organising this event to encourage those involved in the sector to become involved in the forthcoming consultation process.
Senator Paul Coghlan will open the event and he will be joined by the following:
· Sean O'Driscoll, President of the Kerry Branch of the Irish Hotels Federation (IHF)
· Michael Rosney, Vice-President of the IHF and also owner of Killeen House Hotel
· Tom Randles, President of Killarney Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
· Fiona Buckley, Head of Fáilte Ireland for the Cork-Kerry Region
· Ruth Ennis, Chief Executive of Glenans International (adventure tourism)
· Micheál de Mórdha, Director of the Blasket Island Interpretative Centre
· Danny McCarthy of Star Outdoors
DATE: Friday, 28 May
TIME: Tea and coffee will be served from 9.30am
Event to begin at 10am and to conclude at 12.30pm
A light lunch will be served immediately afterwards.
VENUE: The Malton Hotel, Town Centre, Killarney, Co. Kerry
For further information, please contact Harry O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.