What happened to all the ideas discussed during the European Youth Event 2014, when 6,000 young Europeans met in Strasbourg to discuss the EU's future? From 20 January former EYE participants will present their ideas to a number of Parliament's committees. You can follow the hearings online and contribute to the discussion using the hashtag #EYEhearings.
Last May the Parliament brought thousands of young people together for the European Youth Event 2014 (EYE). Under the motto "Ideas for a better Europe" participants discussed issues of importance to them, such as youth unemployment, the digital revolution, the future of the EU, sustainability, and European values.
Some of the participants will now present those ideas to Parliament's committees to serve as a source of inspiration for new EU initiatives. The EYE hearings got underway already with the employment committee on 2 December and will recommence from 20 January with presentations to the committees on constitutional affairs; foreign affairs; culture and education; environment, public health and food safety; civil liberties, justice and home affairs; and industry, research and energy.
Former participants will have the opportunity to discuss some of the best ideas collected during the 2014 event with MEPs with the hope of eventually turning these concepts into everyday practice and law throughout the EU.
The hearings will be shown live on our streaming page and you will also be able to contribute to the discussion on Twitter using the hashtag #EYEhearings. The full hearings programme is available to your right.
- Employment and Social Affairs Committee (EMPL) - 2 December
- Constitutional Affairs (AFCO) - 20 January (10:45 - 11:30)
- Culture and Education (CULT) - 20 January (11:45 - 12:30)
- Foreign Affairs (AFET) - 20 January (15:00 - 15:30)
- Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE) - 22 January (09:00 - 10:00)
- Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs (LIBE) - 22 January (11:45 - 12:30)
- Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (ENVI) - 29 January (10:45 - 11:15)