Horizon 2020 Q&A
MEPs are set to give their final approval to the EU's framework programme for research and innovation, Horizon 2020, for 2014-2020, on Thursday 21 November, Parliament’s priorities in negotiating this programme included stepping up support to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), including measures to attract new participants and enhancing transparency.
The text to be approved is the result of an informal deal reached with member states in June this year. Five MEPs led Parliament's negotiations on with the package:
• Teresa Riera Madurell (S&D, ES), Establishment of Horizon 2020
• Maria Da Graça Carvalho (EPP, PT), Specific Programme Implementing Horizon 2020
• Christian Ehler (EPP, DE), Rules for participation
• Philippe Lamberts (Greens/EFA, BE), European Institute for Innovation and Technology (EIT), and
• Marisa Matias (GUE/NGL, PT), Strategic Innovation Agenda of the EIT