Data protection: first round of talks to start Wednesday
Three-way talks between Parliament, the Council and the Commission with a view to striking a final deal on the new EU data protection regulation will start on Wednesday, after member states agreed their negotiating brief on 15 June. Immediately after the first round, at 14.00, Parliament's chief negotiators, justice ministers from the outgoing and incoming Council presidencies and the EU Justice Commissioner will give a joint press conference on the state of play of the talks and next steps.
- Lead MEP Jan Philipp Albrecht (Greens/ EFA, DE)
- Civil Liberties Committee Chair Claude Moraes (S&D, UK)
- Latvia’s Minister for Justice, Dzintars Rasnacs, for the outgoing Council Presidency
- Luxembourg’s Minister for Justice, Felix Braz, for the incoming Council Presidency
- EU Justice Commissioner Věra Jourová
The press conference will be webstreamed and can be followed live on the EP website.