Opening – Parliament President takes action on mock hangings of Polish MEPs
Mairead McGuinness announces at the opening of the session in Brussels that EP President Tajani has written a letter condemning the mock hangings of Polish MEPs.
Several MEPs across political groups expressed their indignation at the mock hangings of six Polish MEPs which took place at the weekend in Katowice, Poland. Vice-President McGuinness informed the House that President Tajani reacted immediately, in a letter asking the Polish Prime Minister Beata Szydło to protect Polish MEPs and to ensure their security and freedom of expression.
- The Commission statement on the “Decision adopted on the Fair Taxation package II” is postponed.
- A Commission statement on the “Deadly floods in Attica and disaster relief aid” is added, as the third item.
- The report on the “Mobilisation of the Contingency margin in 2017” is added to the votes.
- The vote on “EU-Lebanon Agreement for scientific and technological cooperation” is postponed.
- Furthermore, a report on a request to lift the immunity of Ana Gomes (S&D, PT) is put to the vote during Thursday's voting time.
Requests by committees to start negotiations with Council and Commission
Decisions by several committees to enter into inter-institutional negotiations (Rule 69c) are published on the plenary website.
If no request for a vote in Parliament on the decision to enter into negotiations is made until Thursday 24.00, the committees may start negotiations.