13. Situation in Georgia (statement followed by debate)
Council statement: Situation in Georgia
Javier Solana (High Representative for CFSP) made the statement.
The following spoke: Christopher Patten (Member of the Commission), Vytautas Landsbergis, on behalf of the PPE-DE Group, Jan Marinus Wiersma, on behalf of the PSE Group, Bill Newton Dunn, on behalf of the ALDE/ADLE Group, Marie Anne Isler Béguin, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, Anna Elzbieta Fotyga, on behalf of the UEN Group, Alessandro Battilocchio, Non-attached Member, Reino Paasilinna, Panagiotis Beglitis and Javier Solana.
IN THE CHAIR: António COSTA Vice-President
Motions for resolutions to wind up the debate tabled pursuant to Rule 103(2):
- Annemie Neyts-Uyttebroeck and Cecilia Malmström, on behalf of the ALDE Group, on Georgia (B6-0073/2004)
- and Joost Lagendijk, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, on the situation in Georgia (B6-0074/2004)
- Jaromír Kohlíček, Marco Rizzo and André Brie, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group, on Georgia (B6-0075/2004)
- Anna Elzbieta Fotyga, Konrad Szymański and Inese Vaidere, on behalf of the UEN Group, on the situation in Georgia (B6-0079/2004)
- Jan Marinus Wiersma and Hannes Swoboda, on behalf of the PSE Group, on the situation in Georgia (B6-0080/2004)
- Vytautas Landsbergis, José Ignacio Salafranca Sánchez-Neyra, João de Deus Pinheiro and Armin Laschet, on behalf of the PPE-DE Group, on an urgent case concerning human rights, democracy and the rule of law in the region of South Ossetia, Georgia, and the outbreak of violence (B6-0082/2004).