Report on the proposal for a directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on services in the internal market [COM(2004)0002 - C5-0069/2004 - 2004/0001(COD)] - Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection. Rapporteur: Evelyne Gebhardt (A6-0409/2005)
(Voting record: 'Results of votes', Item 1)
The following spoke: Monica Frassoni, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, who requested under Rule 171 that the sitting be suspended briefly just after the final vote on the Gebhardt report, Francis Wurtz, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group, and Hannes Swoboda, on behalf of the PSE Group, both on Mrs Frassoni's request.
(After the adoption of identical amendments 233/rev. and 403)
- Evelyne Gebhardt (rapporteur), who asked the PPE-DE Group if it was sticking to the compromise it had agreed with the PSE Group, Malcolm Harbour, on behalf of the PPE-DE Group, in reply to Mrs Gebhardt, Daniel Cohn-Bendit, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, on the previous two speakers' remarks and Toine Manders, who asked for confirmation of the outcome of the vote on amendment 233/rev.
(After it was announced that amendment 297 had fallen)
- Evelyne Gebhardt (rapporteur) pointed out that the amendment had not fallen and that it should thus be put to the vote. Martin Schulz spoke in support of the rapporteur.
(After the adoption of amendment 78)
- Toine Manders objected to the voting order of the amendments as indicated on the voting list (Evelyne Gebhardt (rapporteur) pointed out that the voting list was correct).
(Before the vote on amendment 293/rev.4)
- Monica Frassoni requested, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group and under Rule 150(5), the reinstatement of words that had been included in a previous version of the amendment.
The following spoke on the request:
- Evelyne Gebhardt (rapporteur), who pointed out that the Legal Service had been consulted and that the procedure that had been followed complied with the Rules of Procedure, Graham Watson, on behalf of the ALDE Group, Robert Goebbels, Monica Frassoni, who pointed out that she would take over the text of the original amendment on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, Nigel Farage, on behalf of the IND/DEM Group, who moved that the report be referred back to committee under Rule 168(2), Martin Schulz, Roberto Musacchio, Daniel Cohn-Bendit, and Nigel Farage, on behalf of the IND/DEM Group, who moved that the vote be adjourned under Rule 170(4).
The President deemed Monica Frassoni's request to be inadmissible as Rule 150(5) referred to cases in which an amendment had been withdrawn by its author, which was not the case in this instance. He then put to the vote Nigel Farage's request for the vote to be adjourned.
Parliament rejected the request.
(Before the vote on identical amendments 307 and 219)
- Evelyne Gebhardt (rapporteur) asked that, should they be adopted, the amendments be taken as additions to Article 3, in line with the compromise agreed by the PPE-DE and PSE Groups. Francis Wurtz called for the vote to continue with no further interruptions on the subject of negotiations between political groups.
(Before the vote on the amended proposal)
- Evelyne Gebhardt (rapporteur) recommended that her group should adopt the Commission proposal as amended by Parliament.