Council and Commission statements: 17th EU-Russia summit
Hans Winkler (President-in-Office of the Council) and Olli Rehn (Member of the Commission) made the statements.
The following spoke: Camiel Eurlings, on behalf of the PPE-DE Group, Jan Marinus Wiersma, on behalf of the PSE Group, Henrik Lax, on behalf of the ALDE Group, Milan Horáček, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, Esko Seppänen, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group, Inese Vaidere, Bastiaan Belder, on behalf of the IND/DEM Group, Marek Aleksander Czarnecki, Non-attached Member, Laima Liucija Andrikienė, Reino Paasilinna, Cecilia Malmström, Philip Claeys, Charles Tannock, Hannes Swoboda, Sophia in 't Veld and Alessandro Battilocchio.
IN THE CHAIR: Sylvia-Yvonne KAUFMANN Vice-President
The following spoke: Tunne Kelam, Panagiotis Beglitis, Elmar Brok, Csaba Sándor Tabajdi, Hans Winkler and Olli Rehn.
Motions for resolutions to wind up the debate tabled pursuant to Rule 103(2):
- Cecilia Malmström and Henrik Lax, on behalf of the ALDE Group, on the outcome of the 17th EU-Russia summit, held in Sochi on 25 May 2006 (B6-0338/2006),
- Camiel Eurlings, Laima Liucija Andrikienė, Elmar Brok, Tunne Kelam, Jacek Emil Saryusz-Wolski and Charles Tannock, on behalf of the PPE-DE Group, on the EU-Russia Summit held in Sochi on 25 May 2006 (B6-0339/2006),
- Jan Marinus Wiersma, Reino Paasilinna and Hannes Swoboda, on behalf of the PSE Group, on relations with the Russian Federation (B6-0349/2006),
- Bart Staes, Joost Lagendijk, Marie Anne Isler Béguin and Milan Horáček, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, on EU-Russia relations (B6-0354/2006),
- André Brie and Gabriele Zimmer, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group, on the outcome of the EU-Russia summit (B6-0356/2006),
- Konrad Szymański, Inese Vaidere and Roberts Zīle, on behalf of the UEN Group, on the 17th EU-Russia Summit (B6-0357/2006).
The following spoke: Sophia in 't Veld, who expressed her disappointment that the Council and Commission had not had time to answer her questions. She asked that they be answered in writing (the President replied that her request would be passed on to the Council and Commission).