- Draft amendments to and proposals for modification relating to the appropriations in Section III of the 2009 draft general budget, concerning the Commission
- Draft amendments to Sections I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX of the 2009 draft general budget concerning the European Parliament, Council, Court of Justice, Court of Auditors, Economic and Social Committee, Committee of the Regions, European Ombudsman and European Data Protection Supervisor
(Qualified majority for draft amendments dealing with non-compulsory expenditure; simple majority for proposed modifications dealing with compulsory expenditure)
The draft amendments and proposed modifications adopted are listed in an annex to the Texts Adopted.
(Voting record: 'Results of votes', Item 1)
The following spoke:
Before the vote
Jutta Haug (rapporteur) proposed the following technical adjustments:
- the vote on Amendment 783 on budget line 22 02 04 02 was for payment appropriations only;
- the remarks regarding the Global Energy Assessment (GEA) would be moved from budget line 08 03 01, where they had been tabled in error, to budget line 08 05 01; in consequence, Amendment 936 on line 08 03 01 would be voted without the GEA remarks; they would be included in Amendment 938 on line 08 05 01, instead;
- the decision to restore PDB for the decentralised agencies on Titles 1 and 2 covered restoration of their PDB establishment plans; this concerned the Medicines Agency, the European Chemicals Agency, the Aviation Safety Agency, the Maritime Safety Agency, the Railway Agency, the Environment Agency, the Centre for Development of Vocational Training, the Food Safety Authority, the Fisheries Control Agency and the Community Plant Variety Office, for which the establishment plans were missing from the amendments documents;
- On advice from the legal service, one budgetary remark adopted on several budget lines had to be slightly adapted; this concerned the remark starting with 'Commission shall allow ...' until '... regarding the use of Community Funds' that was included in the following amendments: Amendment 994 on line 19 04 01, Amendment 1011 on line 21 02 01, Amendment 1015 on line 21 03 01, Amendment 1016 on line 21 04 01, Amendment 1026 on line 23 02 01 and Amendment 785 on line 23 02 02; the correct version of this remark was attached to the voting list;
- due to a technical error, line 19 06 06 entitled 'Consular Cooperation' had not been included on the list of amendments although it had been adopted as part of amending letter 1/2009; that line would be added with a token entry only.
The President noted that there were no objections to the proposed adjustments.
During the vote
- Catherine Guy-Quint, on the putting to the vote of Amendment 106;
- Janusz Lewandowski (rapporteur) on the putting to the vote of the block of amendments No 8.