Commission statement: Presentation of the College of Commissioners and statement on the EP/Commission Framework Agreement
The President made a brief opening speech welcoming José Manuel Barroso (President-elect of the Commission) and the College of Commissioners-designate.
José Manuel Barroso (President of the Commission) made the statement.
The following spoke: Joseph Daul, on behalf of the PPE Group, Martin Schulz, on behalf of the S&D Group, Guy Verhofstadt, on behalf of the ALDE Group, Daniel Cohn-Bendit, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, Jan Zahradil, on behalf of the ECR Group, Lothar Bisky, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group, Nigel Farage, on behalf of the EFD Group, Zoltán Balczó, Non-attached Member, József Szájer, Hannes Swoboda, Diana Wallis, Jill Evans, Adam Bielan, Søren Bo Søndergaard, Timo Soini, Bruno Gollnisch, who also replied to a blue card question from William (The Earl of) Dartmouth, Jaime Mayor Oreja, Kader Arif, Alexander Graf Lambsdorff, Timothy Kirkhope, Miguel Portas, Klaus-Heiner Lehne, Evelyne Gebhardt, Adina-Ioana Vălean, Lajos Bokros, Werner Langen, Alejandro Cercas, Mirosław Piotrowski, Mario Mauro, Gianluca Susta, Alain Lamassoure, Dagmar Roth-Behrendt, Jacek Saryusz-Wolski, Luis Manuel Capoulas Santos, Paulo Rangel, Othmar Karas, Gunnar Hökmark.
The following spoke under the 'catch-the-eye' procedure: Tunne Kelam, Marian-Jean Marinescu, Csaba Sándor Tabajdi, Lena Ek, Ulrike Lunacek, John Bufton, Andreas Mölzer, Paul Rübig, Milan Zver, Juan Fernando López Aguilar, Cristian Dan Preda, Liisa Jaakonsaari, Eva Lichtenberger, Czesław Adam Siekierski, Csaba Sógor, Derek Vaughan, Gay Mitchell, Jörg Leichtfried, Seán Kelly.
The following spoke: José Manuel Barroso.
Motions for resolution tabled to wind up the debate, in accordance with Article 106(4) of the Rules of Procedure:
- Proposal by the Conference of Presidents, on a revised Framework Agreement between the European Parliament and the Commission for the next legislative term (B7-0091/2010)
- Rebecca Harms and Daniel Cohn-Bendit, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, on the Barroso II Commission (B7-0071/2010)
- Lothar Bisky, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group, on election of the Commission (B7-0088/2010)
- Timothy Kirkhope, on behalf of the ECR Group, on election of the Commission (B7-0089/2010)
- Proposal by the Conference of Presidents giving consent to the appointment of the Commission (B7-0090/2010)