Report on the annual report from the Council to the European Parliament on the main aspects and basic choices of the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) in 2008, presented to the European Parliament in application of Part II, Section G, paragraph 43 of the Interinstitutional Agreement of 17 May 2006 [(2009/2057(INI)] - Committee on Foreign Affairs. Rapporteur: Gabriele Albertini (A7-0023/2010)
Report on the implementation of the European Security Strategy and the Common Security and Defence Policy [(2009/2198(INI)] - Committee on Foreign Affairs. Rapporteur: Arnaud Danjean (A7-0026/2010)
Oral question (O-0169/2009) by Gabriele Albertini and Arnaud Danjean, on behalf of the AFET Committee, to the Council: Non-Proliferation Treaty (B7-0009/2010)
Oral question (O-0170/2009) by Gabriele Albertini and Arnaud Danjean, on behalf of the AFET Committee, to the Commission: Non-Proliferation Treaty (B7-0010/2010)
Gabriele Albertini introduced the report.
Arnaud Danjean introduced the report and moved the oral questions.
The following spoke: Catherine Ashton (High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the Commission).
The following spoke: Nadezhda Neynsky (rapporteur for the opinion of the BUDG Committee), Ioannis Kasoulides, on behalf of the PPE Group, Adrian Severin, on behalf of the S&D Group, Annemie Neyts-Uyttebroeck, on behalf of the ALDE Group, Franziska Katharina Brantner, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, Charles Tannock, on behalf of the ECR Group, Willy Meyer, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group, Fiorello Provera, on behalf of the EFD Group, Andreas Mölzer, Non-attached Member, Catherine Ashton, Elmar Brok, Hannes Swoboda, Andrew Duff, Reinhard Bütikofer, Paweł Robert Kowal, Sabine Lösing, Bastiaan Belder, Martin Ehrenhauser, Mario Mauro, Kristian Vigenin, Pino Arlacchi and Ulrike Lunacek.
IN THE CHAIR: Alejo VIDAL-QUADRAS Vice-President
The following spoke: Geoffrey Van Orden, Nikolaos Salavrakos, Philip Claeys, Jacek Saryusz-Wolski, Maria Eleni Koppa, Norica Nicolai, Paul Nuttall, Cristian Dan Preda, Ioan Mircea Paşcu, Mirosław Piotrowski, Ernst Strasser, Wolfgang Kreissl-Dörfler, Eduard Kukan, Roberto Gualtieri, Tunne Kelam, Richard Howitt, Francisco José Millán Mon, Libor Rouček, Laima Liucija Andrikienė, Zoran Thaler, Michael Gahler, María Muñiz De Urquiza, Krzysztof Lisek, Proinsias De Rossa and Andrey Kovatchev.
The following spoke under the 'catch-the-eye' procedure: Ágnes Hankiss, Ivo Vajgl, Piotr Borys, Izaskun Bilbao Barandica, Struan Stevenson, Andrew Henry William Brons, Andrzej Grzyb, Jelko Kacin, Franz Obermayr and Miroslav Mikolášik.
The following spoke: Catherine Ashton, Gabriele Albertini and Arnaud Danjean.
Motions for resolutions tabled under Rule 115(5) to wind up the debate:
- Elmar Brok, José Ignacio Salafranca Sánchez-Neyra and Ioannis Kasoulides, on behalf of the PPE Group,on the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (B7-0137/2010);
- Reinhard Bütikofer, Ulrike Lunacek, Franziska Katharina Brantner, Raül Romeva i Rueda and Indrek Tarand, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, on the Non-Proliferation Treaty (B7-0141/2010);
- Roberto Gualtieri, Hannes Swoboda and Adrian Severin, on behalf of the S&D Group, on the Non-Proliferation Treaty (B7-0142/2010);
- Pino Arlacchi, Annemie Neyts-Uyttebroeck and Andrew Duff, on behalf of the ALDE Group, on the Non-proliferation Treaty (B7-0143/2010);
- Sabine Lösing, Willy Meyer, Helmut Scholz, Cornelis de Jong, Ilda Figueiredo, Takis Hadjigeorgiou and Nikolaos Chountis, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group, on the Non-Proliferation Treaty (B7-0144/2010);
- Charles Tannock, on behalf of the ECR Group, on the prospects of the Non-Proliferation Treaty conference (B7-0147/2010).