Report on the proposal for a Council decision on guidelines for the employment policies of the Member States [COM(2011)0006 - C7-0033/2011- 2011/0007(CNS)] - Committee on Employment and Social Affairs. Rapporteur: Pervenche Berès (A7-0040/2011)
Commission statement: Implementation of the guidelines for the employment policies of the Member States
János Martonyi (President-in-Office of the Council) made the statement.
IN THE CHAIR: Jerzy BUZEK President
László Andor (Member of the Commission) made the statements.
Pervenche Berès introduced the report.
The following spoke: Sharon Bowles (rapporteur for the opinion of the ECON Committee), Corien Wortmann-Kool, Udo Bullmann, on behalf of the S&D Group, Lena Ek, on behalf of the ALDE Group, Philippe Lamberts, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, Malcolm Harbour, on behalf of the ECR Group, Lothar Bisky, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group, Mario Borghezio, on behalf of the EFD Group, Philip Claeys, Non-attached Member, and Marian-Jean Marinescu.
IN THE CHAIR: Rodi KRATSA-TSAGAROPOULOU Vice-President
The following spoke: Marita Ulvskog, Elizabeth Lynne, Emilie Turunen, Nikolaos Salavrakos, José Manuel García-Margallo y Marfil, Anni Podimata, Sylvie Goulard, Derk Jan Eppink, Herbert Reul, Kinga Göncz, who also replied to a blue-card question by Krisztina Morvai, Liisa Jaakonsaari, to put a blue-card question to Herbert Reul, who replied, Richard Seeber, Jutta Steinruck, Danuta Maria Hübner, Csaba Őry, who also replied to a blue-card question by Krisztina Morvai, and Elisabeth Morin-Chartier.
The following spoke under the 'catch-the-eye' procedure: Czesław Adam Siekierski, Enrique Guerrero Salom, Riikka Manner, Ilda Figueiredo, Oreste Rossi, Franz Obermayr, Paulo Rangel, Vasilica Viorica Dăncilă, Jan Kozłowski and Anna Záborská.
The following spoke: Pervenche Berès, László Andor and János Martonyi.
The following spoke: Jean-Pierre Audy, who asked a question about the date when the President of the European Council would come and present the conclusions of the European Council meeting of 4 February 2011 (The President took note of thisthe President took note of this).
Motions for resolutions to wind up the debate tabled under Rule 110(2):
- Malcolm Harbour, on behalf of the ECR Group, on EU2020 (B7-0097/2011);
- Joseph Daul, Corien Wortmann-Kool, Marian-Jean Marinescu, Othmar Karas, Richard Seeber, Pilar del Castillo Vera, Andreas Schwab, Jean-Paul Gauzès, Lambert van Nistelrooij, Albert Deß, Sławomir Witold Nitras and Artur Zasada, on behalf of the PPE Group, on the Europe 2020 Strategy (B7-0098/2011);
- Rebecca Harms and Philippe Lamberts, on behalf of the Verts/ALE Group, on Europe 2020 (B7-0102/2011);
- Martin Schulz and Stephen Hughes, on behalf of the S&D Group, on Europe 2020 (B7-0105/2011);
- Lothar Bisky, Cornelia Ernst, Thomas Händel, Jacky Hénin, Patrick Le Hyaric, Marisa Matias, Willy Meyer, Miguel Portas, Alfreds Rubiks, Eva-Britt Svensson, Rui Tavares, Marie-Christine Vergiat, Sabine Wils, Gabriele Zimmer, Nikolaos Chountis, Jürgen Klute, Ilda Figueiredo and Kyriacos Triantaphyllides, on behalf of the GUE/NGL Group, on Europe 2020 (B7-0106/2011);
- Guy Verhofstadt, on behalf of the ALDE Group, on Europe 2020 (B7-0109/2011).
Implementation of the guidelines for the employment policies of the Member States
- Pervenche Berès, on behalf of the EMPL Committee, on implementation of the guidelines for the employment policies of the Member States (B7-0127/2011).