– having regard to the Commission proposal to the Council (COM(2011)0296),
– having regard to Article 128(2) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, pursuant to which the Council consulted Parliament (C7-0189/2011),
– having regard to Rule 55 of its Rules of Procedure,
– having regard to the report of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (A7-0440/2011),
1. Approves the Commission proposal as amended;
2. Calls on the Commission to alter its proposal accordingly, in accordance with Article 293(2) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union;
3. Calls on the Council to notify Parliament if it intends to depart from the text approved by Parliament;
4. Asks the Council to consult Parliament again if it intends to substantially amend the Commission proposal;
5. Instructs its President to forward its position to the Council and the Commission.
Proposal for a regulation – amending act
Regulation (EC) 975/98
Article 1g – paragraph 2
Text proposed by the Commission
2. For the purpose of paragraph 1, new draft designs of euro coins shall be forwarded by the issuing Member State to the Commission at least six months before the planned issue date. The Commission shall verify compliance with the provisions of this Regulation without delay and at the latest within ten working days.
2. For the purpose of paragraph 1, new draft designs of euro coins shall be forwarded by the issuing Member State to the Commission at least six months before the planned issue date. The Commission shall verify compliance with the provisions of this Regulation without delay and at the latest within ten working days. The Commission shall inform the other MemberStates and the ECBof its findings within ten working days of such verification.
The reduction in the number of commemorative coins in circulation will simplify the administrative procedures involved and, by virtue of their greater scarcity, increase the value of each commemorative coin.
RESULT OF FINAL VOTE IN COMMITTEE
Result of final vote
Members present for the final vote
Udo Bullmann, Pascal Canfin, Rachida Dati, Leonardo Domenici, Derk Jan Eppink, Markus Ferber, Elisa Ferreira, Ildikó Gáll-Pelcz, José Manuel García-Margallo y Marfil, Jean-Paul Gauzès, Sven Giegold, Sylvie Goulard, Gunnar Hökmark, Othmar Karas, Wolf Klinz, Rodi Kratsa-Tsagaropoulou, Philippe Lamberts, Astrid Lulling, Hans-Peter Martin, Arlene McCarthy, Anni Podimata, Edward Scicluna, Peter Simon, Peter Skinner, Theodor Dumitru Stolojan, Ivo Strejček, Kay Swinburne, Marianne Thyssen, Ramon Tremosa i Balcells
Substitute(s) present for the final vote
Elena Băsescu, Pervenche Berès, Thijs Berman, Sari Essayah, Vicky Ford, Carl Haglund, Iliana Ivanova, Anne E. Jensen, Olle Ludvigsson