European Parliament legislative resolution of 15 April 2014 on the proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on key information documents for investment products (COM(2012)0352 – C7-0179/2012 – 2012/0169(COD))
(Ordinary legislative procedure: first reading)
The European Parliament,
– having regard to the Commission proposal to Parliament and the Council (COM(2012)0352),
– having regard to Article 294(2) and Article 114 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, pursuant to which the Commission submitted the proposal to Parliament (C7‑0179/2012),
– having regard to Article 294(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
– having regard to the opinion of the European Central Bank of 11 December 2012(1)
– having regard to the opinion of the European Economic and Social Committee of 14 November 2012(2)
– having regard to the undertaking given by the Council representative by letter of 4 April 2014 to approve Parliament’s position, in accordance with Article 294(4) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
– having regard to Rule 55 of its Rules of Procedure,
– having regard to the report of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs and the opinions of the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection and the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs (A7-0368/2013),
1. Adopts as its position at first reading hereinafter set out(3)
2. Calls on the Commission to refer the matter to Parliament again if it intends to amend its proposal substantially or replace it with another text;
3. Instructs its President to forward its position to the Council, the Commission and the national parliaments.
This position replaces the amendment adopted on 20 November 2013 (P7_TA(2013)0489).
Position of the European Parliament adopted at first reading on 15 April 2014 with a view to the adoption of Regulation (EU) No .../2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council on key information documents for packaged retail and insurance based investment products (PRIIPs)