European Parliament decision on the nomination of Ovidiu Ispir as a Member of the Court of Auditors (C6-0410/2006 – 2006/0812(CNS))
The European Parliament
– having regard to Article 247(3) of the EC Treaty and Article 160b(3) of the Euratom Treaty, pursuant to which the Council consulted Parliament (C6-0410/2006),
– whereas at its meeting of 28 November 2006 the Committee on Budgetary Control heard the Council's nominee for membership of the Court of Auditors, and considered the nominee's qualifications in the light of the criteria laid down by Articles 247(2) of the EC Treaty and 160b(2) of the Euratom Treaty,
– having regard to Rule 101 of its Rules of Procedure,
– having regard to the report of the Committee on Budgetary Control (A6-0443/2006),
1. Delivers a favourable opinion on the nomination of Ovidiu Ispir as a Member of the Court of Auditors;
2. Instructs its President to forward this decision to the Council and, for information, the Court of Auditors, the other institutions of the European Communities and the audit offices of the Member States.