European Parliament legislative resolution of 13 September 2011 on the proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the application of certain guidelines in the field of officially supported export credits (COM(2006)0456 – C7-0050/2010 – 2006/0167(COD))
(Ordinary legislative procedure: first reading)
The European Parliament
– having regard to the Commission proposal to Parliament and the Council (COM(2006)0456),
– having regard to Article 133 of the EC Treaty,
– having regard to the Commission Communication to Parliament and the Council entitled ‘Consequences of the entry into force of the Treaty of Lisbon for ongoing interinstitutional decision-making procedures’ (COM(2009)0665),
– having regard to Article 294(2) and Article 207(2) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, pursuant to which the Commission submitted the proposal to Parliament (C7-0050/2010),
– having regard to Article 294(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
– having regard to the undertaking given by the Council representative by letter of 29 June 2011 to approve Parliament's position, in accordance with Article 294(4) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
– having regard to Rule 55 of its Rules of Procedure,
– having regard to the report of the Committee on International Trade and the opinions of the Committee on Development and the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (A7-0364/2010),
1. Adopts its position at first reading hereinafter set out(1)
2. Calls on the Commission to refer the matter to Parliament again if it intends to amend its proposal substantially or replace it with another text;
3. Instructs its President to forward its position to the Council, the Commission and the national parliaments.
This position replaces the amendments adopted on 5 April 2011 (Texts adopted P7_TA(2011)0126).
Position of the European Parliament adopted at first reading on 13 September 2011 with a view to the adoption of Regulation (EU) No .../2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the application of certain guidelines in the field of officially supported export credits and repealing Council Decisions 2001/76/EC and 2001/77/EC