European Parliament legislative resolution of 15 November 2011 on the proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on Short Selling and certain aspects of Credit Default Swaps (COM(2010)0482 – C7-0264/2010 – 2010/0251(COD))
(Ordinary legislative procedure: first reading)
The European Parliament
– having regard to the Commission proposal to Parliament and the Council (COM(2010)0482),
– having regard to Article 294(2) and Article 114 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, pursuant to which the Commission submitted the proposal to Parliament (C7-0264/2010),
– having regard to Article 294(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
– having regard to opinion of the European Central Bank(1)
– having regard to the opinion of the European Economic and Social Committee(2)
– having regard to the undertaking given by the Council representative by letter of 10 November 2011 to approve Parliament's position, in accordance with Article 294(4) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
– having regard to Rule 55 of its Rules of Procedure,
– having regard to the report of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs and the opinion of the Committee on Legal Affairs (A7-0055/2011),
1. Adopts its position at first reading hereinafter set out(3)
2. Calls on the Commission to refer the matter to Parliament again if it intends to amend its proposal substantially or replace it with another text;
3. Instructs its President to forward its position to the Council, the Commission and the national parliaments.
This position replaces the amendments adopted on 5 July 2011 (Texts adopted P7_TA(2011)0312).
Position of the European Parliament adopted at first reading on 15 November 2011 with a view to the adoption of Regulation (EU) No .../2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council on short selling and certain aspects of credit default swaps