Critics report an increasing number of studies demonstrating the harmfulness of the broad‑spectrum herbicide Roundup. Alarming disease symptoms caused by the active ingredient glyphosate have already been shown in livestock. According to research, the active ingredient also finds its way into the human food chain. Leipzig University has found residues of the spray in feedingstuffs for livestock and pet food.
1. Is the Commission aware of these studies?
2. If so, what has been its response?
3. If not, what response will the Commission be giving?
4. What precautions are planned in this connection?
5. What are the preconditions for a Europe‑wide ban on a spray product?