In order to assist the repatriation of illegal migrants to our countries, I understand that a ‘European Return Fund’ of some EUR 700 million for 2008-13 has been allocated to Member States.
Can you please provide the following information.
1. How many illegal migrants is it estimated are entering EU Member States and which states are most affected?
2. How much has been allocated to each eligible Member State?
3. How many people have been returned from each of these Member States?
4. To which countries have people been returned?
5. What assessment has there been of the effectiveness of the policy?
6. In addition, as more emphasis seems to be placed on the human rights of illegal migrants than on preventing such migration, what steps are now being taken to amend the policy and what is the procedure for this?