The EU has programmes for the eradication and monitoring of rabies in Romania.
1. What EU programmes exist for the eradication and monitoring of rabies in Romania, and how are they funded?
2. How much money was earmarked for these programmes in 2011, 2012 and 2013?
3. What is the budget for these programmes in 2014-2021, and how is implementation monitored?
4. According to the website Deutsche Wirtschafts Nachrichten(1), these EU subsidies are used to kill stray dogs in Romania. Is this true?
5. That website suggests that EU subsidies find their way to private dog catchers. Can the Commission confirm this?
6 The website also suggests that Romanian authorities, acting as contracting authorities, use EU anti-rabies subsidies to pay dog catchers and that they themselves profit in the process. Can the Commission confirm this?