Official Visit of Antonio Tajani, European Parliament President, to Spain (10-FEB-2017)
The President of the European Parliament, Antonio Tajani, will pay a visit to Madrid, Spain, on Friday, 10 February.
Programme of the visit:
- 11:15 - Meeting with the Speaker of the Congress of Deputies, Ana Pastor, and the President of the Senate, Pío García-Escudero (Cortes Generales).
- 12:00 - Joint press point.
- 12:30 - Meeting with the Prime Minister of Spain, Mariano Rajoy (La Moncloa).
- 13:35 - Lunch hosted by HM, King Felipe VI of Spain (El Pardo)
- 17:00 - Press Conference (European Parliament Information Office)
- 18:00 - Meeting with the ONCE foundation, an organisation working on integration and accessibility of people with disabilities (European Parliament Information Office).
- 19:00 - Exchange of views with Spanish SMEs.
Antonio Tajani was elected to the presidency of the European Parliament on 17 January for a two and a half year term until the next European elections in 2019.
His presidency’s goals are to bring the European Parliament closer to citizens, while fulfilling his institutional role as a representative for Members of the European Parliament, the directly elected representatives of over 500 million EU citizens.