European Regional Development Fund

07-10-2016

The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) is one of the European Structural and Investment (ESI) Funds. It has the largest budget – 43.2 % of the total allocation for the ESI Funds – and wide-ranging investment priorities. Its action focuses on the development and structural adjustment of regions whose development is lagging behind. About 95 % of ERDF resources is spent on investment for growth and jobs. The remaining 5 % supports European territorial cooperation programmes (formerly known as Interreg).

The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) is one of the European Structural and Investment (ESI) Funds. It has the largest budget – 43.2 % of the total allocation for the ESI Funds – and wide-ranging investment priorities. Its action focuses on the development and structural adjustment of regions whose development is lagging behind. About 95 % of ERDF resources is spent on investment for growth and jobs. The remaining 5 % supports European territorial cooperation programmes (formerly known as Interreg).