KCL European Week 2010
Starts: 25/01/2010 - 6:30pm
Ends: 29/01/2010 - 9:00pm
Location: King's College Strand Campus: The Strand LONDON WC2R 2LS
A week in which experts from the world of European affairs come to debate and discuss Europe and the Union. European Week holds a tradition of prestige both internally at King's and amongst its external community and this year's events promise to be our best yet.
Monday 25th January at 6.30 p.m.
"The Eastern Enlargement: a win or a loss for the European Union?
- Jan Krzysztof Bielecki (Former Prime Minister of Poland)
- Michael Geier (Former German ambassador to Bulgaria)
- Tomasz Mickiewicz (Professor of Comparative Economics, UCL)
- Chris Bobinski (Former Financial Times Correspondent)
Chair: Jan Palmowski (School of Arts and Humanities, KCL)
Wednesday 27th January at 6.30pm
"The EU and the Yugosphere: what's next?"
- Tim Judah (Balkans Correspondent, The Economist)
Chair: Chiara De Franco (Department of War Studies, KCL)
Friday 29th January at 6 p.m.
"United States of Europe: What are the limits of integration?",
- Gavin Hewitt (Special Correspondent and Europe Editor, BBC News)
- Charles Tannock (MEP for London, European Conservatives and Reformists Group)
- Scott James (Department of European Studies, KCL)
- Sarah Lambert (Head of EU Commission Representation to the UK)
Chair: Jackie Gower (Department of War Studies, KCL)
All seminars will be followed by a wine reception. No registration necessary.
Nearest Tube: Temple