EP News No. 13/2013
Table Of Contents
MEPs return to Brussels on 8 April for committee meetings and political group meetings.
Temporary suspension of EU visa-free regime
The Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs votes on a proposal for the temporary suspension of visa waivers for non-EU nationals in the event of a "substantial and sudden increase" in irregular migrants or unfounded asylum requests (Monday).
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia progress report
The Committee on Foreign Affairs will evaluate and vote on progress by the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in preparing for EU membership (Monday).
- Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Sub-Committee on Human Rights
- Sub-Committee on Security and Defence
- Committee on Development
- Committee on International Trade
- Committee on Budgets
- Committee on Budgetary Control
- Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Committee on Employment and Social Affairs
- Committee on Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- Committee on Industry, Research and Energy
- Committee on Internal Market and Consumer Protection
- Committee on Transport and Tourism
- Committee on Regional Development
- Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development
- Committee on Fisheries
- Committee on Culture and Education
- Committee on Legal Affairs
- Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs
- Committee on Consititutional Affairs
- Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality
- Committee on Petitions
- Special Committee on Organised Crime, Corruption and Money Laundering
Parliamentary Assembly of the Union for the Mediterranean
EP President Martin Schulz and MEPs will welcome their national counterparts from the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) to the 9th plenary session of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Union for the Mediterranean (Thursday and Friday). President Schulz will hold a press conference with the Speaker of the House of Representatives of Jordan, Saed Hayel Srour, at 12.30 on Friday (Altiero Spinelli building, Room ASP 5G2).
Parliament's political groups will prepare for the plenary session in Strasbourg, which will feature addresses by Finnish Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen and Irish President Michael D. Higgins. MEPs will vote on: the ECB report for 2011 after a debate with Mario Draghi; new rules on capital requirements for banks, including bonus caps; increased competition among airport ground-handling service suppliers; and EU emissions trading. A plenary debate is also scheduled on changes to the Hungarian constitution.
Tel: 020 7227 4300
Pre-session press briefing. The regular briefing by the EP Press Service and political group spokespeople will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, 12 April. (Altiero Spinelli building, Room 5G2).
1 January-31 July 2013: Ireland
1 July-31 December 2013: Lithuania
European Parliament plenary sessions 2013
15-18 April - Strasbourg
20-23 May - Strasbourg
10-13 June - Strasbourg
1-4 July - Strasbourg
9-12 September - Strasbourg
7-10 October - Strasbourg
21-22 and 24-25 October - Strasbourg
18-21 November - Strasbourg
9-12 December - Strasbourg
If you do not wish to receive this type of email
from The European Parliament Office in the UK in the future, please click to