Plenary Insights – February 2019
DG Communication is continuously monitoring public opinion by conducting regular Eurobarometer surveys in all 28 EU Member States. This newsletter aims at providing general public with the most recent Eurobarometer data on key topics of this week’s plenary agenda.
Although this service cannot be fully exhaustive, as not all items on the plenary agenda have been the subject of a recent Eurobarometer survey, we can offer fresh survey data on the following items of the plenary session:
- The state of the debate on the Future of Europe
- ‘Future of Europe’: Debate with the Prime Minister of Italy, Giuseppe Conte
- Implementation of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union in the EU
- EU-Singapore Partnership Agreement
- Programme for single market, competitiveness of enterprises and European statistics
Parliament’s Eurobarometer surveys cover a wide range of issues. They focus primarily on the European citizens’ knowledge of the European Parliament and their perceptions of the EU and its main policy challenges. Expectations in view of the European elections, of the European Parliament and the European integration in general also form part of the face-to-face interviews conducted with more than 27.000 respondents. Together with the Eurobarometer surveys conducted by the European Commission, the data available allows for a detailed and up-to-date insight into citizens’ opinions, expectations and perceptions.