DG Communication has adopted a multi-annual work programme for grants in the area of communication covering the period 2020-2021. This multi-annual work programme for grants is implemented through calls for proposals published on this website. Applicants shall apply for funding following the requirements set out in the calls for proposals.
Questions of clarification may be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com.
- The purpose of this multi-annual work programme is to inform potential applicants that European Parliament intends to award grants in 2020-2021. It does not constitute an obligation to publish calls for proposals or to provide financial support during that period.
- Under the current circumstances linked to the COVID-19 outbreak, the provisional timetable under section VI may be reviewed as required by the circumstances.
The principal objective of the call is to encourage and to facilitate the active engagement of a wide network of European citizens around the European Elections 2024. Concretely, the objective of this call is twofold:
- to enable civil society and other multiplier organisations to harness the potential of their networks and their capacity to reach out to citizens by funding their capacity building activities, so that citizens become change-makers for the European elections, and play an active role in the communication around the European elections and in mobilising others to vote. The actions financed under this call shall provide European citizens with the skills, knowledge and motivation they need to effectively participate in the European elections and to encourage and support others to participate in their turn.
- to enable civil society and other multiplier organisations to engage with citizens online or offline and to foster debates about democratic participation around the European elections 2024. For offline events, preference is given to already existing events/festivals/programme in which the applicant is a participant.
The applicants may apply with project proposals for one or both of the activities (capacity building activities and/or engagement with citizens) under the following different action categories:
- Action category 1: capacity building actions;
- Action category 2: citizen engagement activities;
- Action category 3: proposal for both capacity building actions and citizens’ engagement activities.
The expected results of the actions financed under this call are:
- An increased engagement of European citizens from as diverse public as possible with the construction of a vibrant European democracy, thus encouraging their active involvement as change-makers in the European Elections 2024 communication campaign;
- An increased awareness among European citizens from as diverse public as possible about the actions of the European Union and its institutions, in particular the European Parliament;
- The establishment of pan-European participatory channels, connecting the European Parliament with its citizens and encouraging their active participation in together.eu , the platform of the European Parliament.
All information on how to apply are available in the link below. Please note that the submission of proposals is done exclusively through the Funding & Tender opportunities Portal. Documents on this webpage are just for information purpose.