Interpretation for Conferences
The European Parliament's interpreting service can provide financial assistance in the form of grants for actions related to conference interpreter training. The aim of the grants programme is to help educate new generations of qualified conference interpreters in order to address existing shortages for some languages, to prepare for the future accession of candidate countries, and to maintain a high standard of interpreting in the European Union's official languages and the languages of its main political partners.
The Directorate-General for Logistics and Interpretation for Conferences of the European Parliament has adopted the Work Programme on financial support for training in conference interpreting. The work programme covers the academic year 2023-2024.
The European Parliament just launched a call for proposals EP-LINC-SUBV-2023-CONF-INT for the organisation of postgraduate courses, projects aimed at supporting interpreter trai ning and organisation of masters, postgraduate courses or bachelor courses by Ukrainian universities with conference interpreting components.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is 11 May 2023.
All necessary information on how to apply is available in the link: Funding & Tenders (ec.europa.eu).
Applications must be submitted only electronically via the Funding & Tenders Portal Electronic Submission System (accessible via the Topic page in the Search Funding & Tenders section. Paper submissions are NOT possible.
Please note you need to submit your application through the corresponding “Topic” according to the type of action you wish to apply as follows:
- Topic 1: EP-LINC-SUBV-2023-CONF-INT-01: Organisation of master or post-graduate courses in conference interpreting.
- Topic 2: EP-LINC-SUBV-2023-CONF-INT-02: Promotion of excellence in conference interpreter training, cooperation among universities training conference interpreters and research into technical developments in the area of conference interpreting. Project proposals submitted to this topic may combine several activities, such as:
- networking activities and management of structures for cooperation between the centres of excellence in conference interpreter training
- organisation of student/teacher mobility
- organisation of training of trainers
- organisation of e-learning/virtual coaching activities
- integration of innovative training content and tools in interpreter training
- Topic 3: EP-LINC-SUBV-2023-CONF-INT-03: Organisation of master, post-graduate or bachelor courses in conference interpreting (relevance to the priority needs for the Ukrainian language at the European Parliament and the EU institutions and bodies for which it provides interpretations services).
We invite you to read the call documentation on the Funding & Tenders Portal Topic page carefully and in particular this Call Document, the Model Grant Agreement and the EU Funding & Tenders Portal Online Manual.
For IT questions on the Portal Submission System, please contact the IT Helpdesk.
Non-IT related questions should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com.