MOTION FOR A RESOLUTION on compromises by the European Institutions with radical Islam
Motion for a European Parliament resolution on compromises by the European Institutions with radical Islam
The European Parliament,
– having regard to Rule 133 of its Rules of Procedure,
B. whereas the FIOE, from which the UOIF (Union of Islamic Organisations in France) originated, set up the European Council for Fatwa and Research (CEFR), headed by Youssef Al Qaradawi, which has a remit to persuade European authorities to adapt the application of sharia law to the local context;
C. whereas FEMYSO is an emanation of the Muslim Brotherhood;
D. whereas FEMYSO is an organisation recognised and funded by the European Union, and has been heard at the European Parliament;
E. whereas FEMYSO, FIOE and CEFR act as spokesmen for radical Islam to the European Institutions and national governments, under the cover of fighting Islamophobia and adapting Islam to Western ways;
1. Calls on the Commission to break off all ties with those organisations.
-  FIOE = Federation of Islamic Organisations in Europe.
-  FEMYSO = Forum of European Muslim Youth and Student Organisations.
-  A theologian who was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood and is known for his ties with Islamic terrorism.
-  An organisation regarded as terrorist by various countries, whose motto is ‘Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. The Koran is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope’.
-  In 2015, FEMYSO received EUR 28 000 from the European Institutions for annual costs of activities covered by the Transparency Register estimated at less than EUR 10 000.