PROPOSAL FOR A DECISION on setting up a subcommittee on tax matters
11.6.2020 - (2020/2681(RSO))
Conference of Presidents
European Parliament decision on setting up a subcommittee on tax matters
The European Parliament,
– having regard to the proposal from the Conference of Presidents,
– having regard to its decision of 15 January 2014 on the powers and responsibilities of the standing committees,
– having regard to Rules 206 and 212 of its Rules of Procedure,
1. Decides to set up a subcommittee to the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs;
2. Decides that that subcommittee shall be responsible for tax-related matters, and particularly the fight against tax fraud, tax evasion and tax avoidance, as well as financial transparency for taxation purposes;
3. Decides that, in Part VI of Annex VI to its Rules of Procedure, the following paragraph is added:
‘The committee is assisted by a subcommittee on tax matters, for tax-related matters and particularly the fight against tax fraud, tax evasion and tax avoidance, as well as financial transparency for taxation purposes’;
4. Decides that the subcommittee shall have 30 members;
5. Decides, with reference to the decisions of the Conference of Presidents of 30 June 2019 and 9 January 2020 relating to the composition of subcommittee bureaux, that the committee bureaux may consist of up to four vice-chairs;
6. Instructs its President to forward this decision to the Council and the Commission, for information.
-  OJ C 482, 23.12.2016, p. 160.