Go back to the Europarl portal

Choisissez la langue de votre document :

  • bg - български
  • es - español
  • cs - čeština
  • da - dansk
  • de - Deutsch
  • et - eesti keel
  • el - ελληνικά
  • en - English (Selected)
  • fr - français
  • ga - Gaeilge
  • hr - hrvatski
  • it - italiano
  • lv - latviešu valoda
  • lt - lietuvių kalba
  • hu - magyar
  • mt - Malti
  • nl - Nederlands
  • pl - polski
  • pt - português
  • ro - română
  • sk - slovenčina
  • sl - slovenščina
  • fi - suomi
  • sv - svenska
 Index 
 Full text 
Debates
Thursday, 28 March 2019 - Strasbourg Revised edition

'Erasmus': the Union programme for education, training, youth and sport (A8-0111/2019 - Milan Zver)
MPphoto
 

  Andrejs Mamikins (S&D). – Madam President, Erasmus + is a life-changing initiative and it can certainly be called an EU success. But this is a success only for 3.7% of young Europeans who benefit from Erasmus. I ask myself, what is your proposal for the remaining 96.3%? Erasmus was never thought to be an elitist project, but it turned out that people from lower socio-economic backgrounds are often left outside. This has also been the case of Latvia, so I wish that Erasmus + becomes more democratic and easily accessible. We need to diversify the profiles of applicants, we need to reduce the bureaucracy and we need to carefully observe how professional excellence is generated. I support the rapporteur Zver in his call to triple Erasmus funding, compared with the Commission proposal to double it. I’m following the process closely and I hope the delay in negotiations will not jeopardise the result.

 
Last updated: 8 July 2019Legal notice - Privacy policy