Go back to the Europarl portal

Choisissez la langue de votre document :

Parliamentary questions
PDF 24kWORD 37k
14 July 2008
by Simon Busuttil (PPE‑DE)
to the Commission

 Subject: Travelling with expired ID cards and valid driving licences in the Schengen Area
 Answer in writing 

Can the Commission confirm whether, for the purposes of travel within the Schengen Area:

passengers may travel merely using an expired identity card or an expired passport as a means of identification means; and
passengers may travel using a valid driving licence as a form of identification?

 OJ C 40, 18/02/2009
Legal notice - Privacy policy