Answer given by Mr Wojciechowski on behalf of the European Commission
The current Greek Rural Development Programme 2014-2022 (RDP) includes measures for the restoration of agricultural production potential damaged by natural disasters and catastrophic events and the introduction of appropriate prevention actions.
To support EU farmers most impacted by higher input and energy costs, the Commission has adopted a EUR 500 million support package. In this context, Greece was attributed an additional EUR 26 298 105 for exceptional adjustment aid in the agricultural sector.
In addition, in the context of the aggression against Ukraine by Russia and the related impact on the economy, the Commission adopted in March 2022 a Temporary Crisis Framework for state aid measures, under which it approved on 1 June 2022 a Greek scheme of EUR 50 million to support livestock producers .
On 29 June 2022, Regulation (EU) 2022/1033 was adopted allowing Member States to use up to 5% of the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) budget for 2021 and 2022 for exceptional temporary support. The Greek authorities indicated they will apply this measure.
The Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) Strategic Plan for Greece for the period 2023-2027 (hereafter: the Plan) as foreseen by Regulation (EU) 2021/2115 is currently under discussion between the Greek authorities and the Commission services.
The Plan foresees to differentiate the basic income support and apply the internal convergence by group of territories similarly as in the current period (arable land, permanent grassland and permanent crops).
The Plan also includes measures related to redistributive payments, young farmers, support in case of natural disasters, eco-schemes and targeted interventions in several sectors of agriculture and livestock.
-  http://www.agrotikianaptixi.gr/el
-  http://www.agrotikianaptixi.gr/el/content/drasi-511-ependyseis-se-proliptikes-draseis-poy-aposkopoyn-sti-meiosi-ton-epiptoseon-sto
-  Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2022/467 of 23 March 2022, OJ L 96, 24.3.2022, p. 4.
-  C/2022/1890, OJ C 131I, 24.3.2022.
-  https://ec.europa.eu/competition/state_aid/cases1/202224/SA_102633_60EF2981-0000-C06C-8698-0CC89A8A6F4D_35_1.pdf
-  State aid scheme SA.45002. Prolonged until 31 December 2022 by SA.59356.
-  Regulation (EU) 2022/1033 of 29 June 2022, OJ L 173, 30.6.2022.
-  http://agrotikianaptixi.gr/el/keimeno-synimmena-paa/shediasmos-se-ethniko-epipedo
-  Regulation (EU) 2021/2115 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 2 December 2021 establishing rules on support for strategic plans to be drawn up by Member States under the common agricultural policy (CAP Strategic Plans) and financed by the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund (EAGF) and by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) and repealing Regulations (EU) No 1305/2013 and (EU) No 1307/2013, OJ L 435, 6.12.2021, p. 1.
-  Διαβουλεύσεις | ΠΡΟΓΡΑΜΜΑ ΑΓΡΟΤΙΚΗΣ ΑΝΑΠΤΥΞΗΣ (ΠΑΑ) 2014 — 2020 (agrotikianaptixi.gr)