Answer given by Mr Wojciechowski on behalf of the European Commission
The Union supports beekeeping in Greece through apiculture sectoral interventions and rural development interventions integrated into the Greek Common Agricultural Policy Strategic Plan 2023-2027(CSP),.
Investments in digital applications to improve apiculture productivity may be co-financed through sectoral interventions aiming at combatting beehive pests and diseases or rationalising transhumance as well as through rural development interventions targeting modernisation of beekeeping and development/processing of apiculture products.
Specifically, the Greek CSP intervention Π2-55.3 aims to rationalise transhumance by investing in digital equipment to prevent theft, monitor production and ensure efficient exploitation of flowering resources, such as: surveillance cameras, GPS-equipped microchips for beehives, remote systems weighing production and monitoring of abiotic parameters in the hives.
The siting of beehives is based on several local specific factors including presence and range of melliferous plants, terrain suitability, climate and accessibility.
Studies on the rational exploitation of melliferous plants can be supported by the CSP intervention Π2-55.3 — Rationalising transhumance (action 3: enrichment of beekeeping flora) or through intervention Π2-55.5 — Cooperation for the implementation of applied research, which supports recording, mapping and management of the beekeeping flora across the regions of Greece.
Furthermore, Greece is part of the European Digital Innovation Hubs (EDIH) network assisting companies and the public sector in the digital transitions. T he beekeeping sector could be supported by a Greek EDIH project.
-  Regulation (EU) 2021/2115 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 2 December 2021 establishing rules on support for strategic plans to be drawn up by Member States under the common agricultural policy (CAP Strategic Plans) and financed by the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund (EAGF) and by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) and repealing Regulations (EU) No 1305/2013 and (EU) No 1307/2013, OJ L 435, 6.12.2021, p. 1.
-  Greek CSP 2023-2027: http://www.agrotikianaptixi.gr/el/keimeno-synimmena-paa/egkrisi-tropopoiiseis
-  As set out in Article 55(1)(b)(i) and (iv) of Regulation (EU) 2021/2115
-  As set out in Article 73 of Regulation ( EU ) 2021/2115. Greek CSP rural development interventions: Π 3-73-2.1 — Improvement of agricultural holdings & Π 3-73-2.3 — Support for investments in processing/marketing and/or development of agricultural products.
-  Article 55 (1)(e) of Regulation (EU) 2021/2115.
-  https://european-digital-innovation-hubs.ec.europa.eu/home