Answer given by Ms Gabriel on behalf of the European Commission
The Commission has started taking action early on to facilitate the recognition of academic qualifications of people fleeing the war in Ukraine.
On 5 April 2022, the Commission adopted a recommendation with guidance and advice to Member States on how to ensure the fast and flexible recognition of both professional and academic qualifications for people fleeing Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
A number of useful resources already exist to help higher education institutions with the recognition of qualifications held by persons displaced from Ukraine.
Under Erasmus+, the Commission has been supporting the network of national recognition authorities to develop tools for fair and fast recognition of their qualifications. The most relevant activities are as follows.
The Erasmus+ Q-entry project is a database with information on school qualifications giving access to higher education and containing also information on Ukrainian diplomas.
In the SCAN-D database, co-funded by Erasmus+, information of Ukrainian qualifications are made available to higher education institutions. The Erasmus+ REACT project offers a toolkit and methodologies for recognition of refugees’ qualifications, which can be also used for recognition of Ukrainian qualifications.
The European Area of Recognition Project (EAR), funded by Erasmus+, produced a manual with guidelines on the recognition of foreign qualifications including on the recognition of qualifications of refugees.
On 6 April 2022, the Commission, together with the Italian National Recognition Information Centre, organised an online training on recognition of Ukrainian Academic Qualifications. Based on this, additional guidelines will be made available in the coming weeks.
-  https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32022H0554
-  https://www.q-entry.eu/?msclkid=4b9a99c4ac2b11eca865caf75c903845
-  https://scand.cimea.it/?msclkid=84d90e98ac2b11ec83e65abdfd89c253
-  https://www.nokut.no/en/about-nokut/international-cooperation/erasmus-projects/react--refugees-and-recognition/?msclkid=22dc9f20ac2c11eca4e97d02b0b348c3
-  http://ear.enic-naric.net/emanual/?msclkid=5da13d71ac2c11ec80533ac2ee512ba2
-  http://cimea.it/ucraina/index_EN.html