2017: 10th session
10th Eurolat plenary session in San Salvador (El Salvador) from 18-21 September 2017
The 10th EuroLat Ordinary Plenary Session and meetings of the 4 Standing Committees, Executive Bureau, Working Group on Security as well as the EuroLat-Civil Society meeting, Women Forum took place in San Salvador on 18-21 September 2017 with the participation of 25 MEPs and 58 LAC Members. Initial preparation took place on 18 September a.m., including preparatory meetings of the EuroLat Co-Secretariats and the EP Secretariat.
The Solemn Inaugural Session of the EuroLat 10th Ordinary Plenary Session took place in the Legislative Assembly on 20 September, with the participation of high-level speakers, including the President of the Legislative Assembly, the President of Parlacen and the EuroLat Co-Presidents Ramón Jáuregui and Roberto Requião. The President of El Salvador was invited but could not participate due to the UN General Assembly (President Salvador Sanchez -Cerén held instead a bilateral meeting with EuroLat's Co-Presidents the day before).
Five resolutions were adopted in Plenary (after votes in Committees the previous day) as well as 10 amendments to the EuroLat Rules of Procedure.Resolutions were adopted on:
- Trafficking of small and light weapons
- The Negotiations on the proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) and the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) on EU and LAC trade policies
- The future of multilateralism post-Nairobi
- Food price volatility and food reserves in the EU and Latin America
- Informal and undeclared work in the EU and LAC countries
- Programme of the 10th Eurolat plenary session (in Spanish) (PDF - 237 KB)
Declaration of the CoPresidents of 21 September 2017 EN(PDF - 186 KB) ES(PDF - 168 KB) DE(PDF - 172 KB) FR(PDF - 166 KB) PT(PDF - 165 KB)
Minutes of the 10th Eurolat plenary session EN(PDF - 93 KB) ES(PDF - 101 KB) DE(PDF - 96 KB) FR(PDF - 128 KB) PT(PDF - 91 KB)
- Adopted resolutions