11 October 2018: EURONEST PA / CORLEAP Joint workshop
Venue: SQUARE - Brussels Meeting Centre
This joint workshop, co-organised by the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly and the Conference of the Regional and Local Authorities for the Eastern Partnership (CORLEAP), focused on strategic communication, plurality and independence of the media, which are cross-cutting deliverables for the Eastern Partnership.
Ms Rebecca HARMS, Co-President of the Euronest PA
Mr Emin YERITSYAN, Co-Chair of the Conference of the Regional and Local Authorities for the Eastern Partnership (CORLEAP)
12 October 2017: Joint Workshop of the Euronest PA and CORLEAP
The workshop co-organised by CORLEAP and the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly highlighted the challenges of the fight against corruption at national, regional and local levels. It also addressed anti-corruption strategies and practices within the EU and Eastern European partners, while crossing each other experiences on results achieved. The fight against corruption should remain a priority for national, regional and local governments, in order to foster economic growth and increase citizens' trust in public institutions.
14 January 2016: Conference on Association Agreements
The conference focused on the progress made by Georgia,Moldova, and Ukraine in implementing political reform commitments under their EU Association Agreements.
EU officials, Members of the European Parliament and of the relevant national parliaments, and experts from the three countries assessed reform progress and reflected on the way forward.
Discussions focused on three critical reform priorities: justice, the fight against corruption; and anti-discrimination and equal treatment.
Participants also provided policy recommendations to the EU and national governments.
28 October 2015: Meeting of Euronest Co-Presidents and the President of the European Parliament
17-18 November 2013: EuroNest Scola
20 September 2013: Workshop on Eastern Partnership prospects on energy efficiency and renewable energy
Promoting energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy represent one of the common objectives of the EU and its partner countries within the Eastern Partnership.
To address the challenges and to shape future policies in this field, the Committee on Energy Security of the EURONEST Parliamentary Assembly, in cooperation with the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania, held a workshop on "Eastern Partnership prospects on energy efficiency and renewable energy" on 20 September 2013, at the Seimas, in Vilnius.
Part of the Lithuanian Presidency of the EU Council, the workshop provided an opportunity for Members of the EURONEST Parliamentary Assembly, the European Parliament and national parliaments of EU Member States, as well as policy-makers, academics and representatives from the industry energy sector, to discuss the findings of high-level experts and to exchange ideas on initiatives for enhancing cooperation in the energy field.
- Draft programme of the workshop (PDF - 210 KB)
- Objectives of the workshop (PDF - 36 KB)
- Presentation by Reinis Āboltiņš: Support to renewable energy factors and solutions (PDF - 2 MB)
- Presentation by Gulchohra ALIYEVA: Policies and efforts to support energy efficiency in Eastern European partner countries (PDF - 206 KB)
- Presentation by Andrii CHUBYK: Infrastructure priority and investment needs to give renewables access to energy markets (PDF - 725 KB)
- Presentation by Alexander GUSEV: Comparison of energy efficiency measures in Russia to those in developed countries (PDF - 1 MB)
- Presentation by Michael KRUG: The role of renewable energy in achieving a balanced energy mix (PDF - 1 MB)
- Presentation by Tadas NORVYDAS: Energy efficiency policy - The case of Lithuania (PDF - 466 KB)
- Presentation by Svyatoslav PAVLYUK: The experience and role of municipalities - Achievements of the Covenant of Mayors (PDF - 2 MB)
- Presentation by Borko RAICEVIC: The role of the energy community in promoting renewable energy and fostering energy efficiency (PDF - 1 MB)
- Presentation by Dr Lemlem SAID ISSA: Cooperation in energy efficiency and renewables within the EaP (PDF - 857 KB)
19 September 2012: Workshop on energy security
The EU and its Eastern European Partners are confronted with the challenge of a secure, sustainable and affordable energy. Their energy interdependence has grown and has set the necessity to develop cooperation and partnerships in energy policy.
The regional energy policy dialogue under the Eastern Partnership has intensified over the last years, covering the convergence of energy markets, the diversification of energy supply and transit, the development of sustainable energy sources, as well as infrastructures of common and regional interest.
On 19 September 2012, at the European Parliament in Brussels, the Euronest Committee on Energy Security organised a seminar to allow exchanges of views on policies and initiatives for energy cooperation within the Eastern partnership.
Participants debated with high-level experts from the industrial, academic and public sector on key issues and recommendations.
- Final programme (PDF - 117 KB)
- Presentation by Kristina DELY: The success stories of the Covenant of Mayors (PDF - 1 MB)
- Presentation by Kevin McCANN: The INOGATE programme (PDF - 2 MB)
- Presentation by Slavtcho NEYKOV: Establishing a common regulatory framework for energy markets (PDF - 127 KB)
- Presentation by Oliver PEARCE: Experience of and lessons from the regional integration of the Baltic States (PDF - 806 KB)
- Presentation by Vladimir PEREGUDOV: How to enhance cooperation for improving energy efficiency and increasing the use of renewable resources (PDF - 1 MB)
- Presentation by Beate RAABE: How to develop common-interest and trans-European infrastructure projects and attract investment (PDF - 65 KB)
- Presentation by Konstantin STASCHUS: Improving the integration of electricity networks (PDF - 3 MB)
- Webstreaming from the morning session
- Webstreaming from the afternoon session