Co-Presidents & Bureau
Co-Presidents of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly (PA)
The Euronest PA has two Co-Presidents, one from the European Parliament component and one from the Eastern European Partner component.
The two Co-Presidents have equal status within the Assembly. However, the electoral procedures and terms of office shall be decided by each component separately.
The Euronest PA is convened by its Co-Presidents and the Sessions are chaired alternately between them.
The Bureau consists of the two Co-Presidents and a number of Vice-Presidents (currently eight), half of whom come from the European Parliament component and half from the Eastern European component.
Vice-presidents of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly (PA):
From the Eastern European Partner Component:
- Ms Maria KARAPETYAN, Member of the National Assembly, "Civil Contract" faction, Republic of Armenia
- Mr Tahir MIRKISHILI, Member of the National Assembly (Milli Mejlis), New Azerbaijan Party
- Ms Ina COȘERU, Member of Parliament of the Republic of Moldova
- Mr Ivan KRULKO, Member of the Parliament (Verkhovna Rada), Faction of the Political party the All-Ukrainian Union "Batkivshchyna", Ukraine
From the European Parliament:
- Ms Carmen AVRAM, Member of the European Parliament, S&D, Romania
- Ms Markéta GREGOROVÁ, Member of the European Parliament, Group of the Greens, Czechia
- Mr Patryk JAKI, Member of the European Parliament, ECR, Poland
- Mr Andrzej HALICKI, Member of the European Parliament, PPE, Poland
The Bureau draws up the draft agenda of the plenary and lays down procedures to ensure the smooth running of the Assembly. It shall meet at least twice a year, with one of the meetings coinciding with the Assembly's plenary Session.
The Bureau adopts its decisions by a two-thirds majority of the members present.
The following decisions of the Bureau are still in effect today:
- Decision of 23 May/28 September 2017 on the establishment of the Ad Hoc Working Group on Association Agreements (PDF - 182 KB)
- Decision of 13 September 2017 on the organisation of the work of the Secretariat of the Euronest PA (PDF - 285 KB)
- Decision of 5 December 2012 on Women's Forum (PDF - 66 KB)
- Decision of 5 December 2012 on the possibility of inviting representatives of the Civil Society Forum to the meetings of the standing committees (PDF - 66 KB)