The European Parliament Liaison Office in Ireland provides information on the European Parliament's role and powers, on the Irish MEPs and their activities and on issues currently being considered by Parliament which are of significance for Ireland and for Europe as a whole.
Our press section deals with queries from journalists and provides information for those journalists wishing to attend plenary sessions.
Our range of services include:
- information on the European Parliament and on the role and work of Irish MEPs
- assistance in accessing European Parliament reports, resolutions or other documents
- information on European elections in Ireland
- assistance with provision of speakers for events/presentations
- information on European Parliament activities with schools
- information on applying for a traineeship or on recruitment procedures at the EU institutions
- advice on EU citizens' rights
- information on visiting the European Parliament in Strasbourg or Brussels
- advice on submitting a petition to the European Parliament or making a complaint to the European Ombudsman
- provision of leaflets, maps, wallcharts and other publications on the European Parliament
If you are interested in knowing more about our office mission in Ireland and the activities it undertakes throughout the year, have a look at our annual report for 2020. The report sets out the main activities our office undertook with stakeholders, youth, students and press during 2020. It also contains an overview of our social media strategy.