Future of Europe debate with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras
Alexis Tsipras will be the ninth EU leader to debate the future of Europe with MEPs and Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, on Tuesday morning.
The debate will start at 9.00.
EP President Antonio Tajani and Prime Minister Tsipras will take part in a joint press point or press conference after the debate, at 12:45,.
The next EU head of state or government to address the House will be Estonian Prime Minister Jüri Ratas, at the October I plenary session in Strasbourg.
Before Mr Tsipras, the following EU heads of state or governments debated the future of Europe with MEPs:
- Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar on 17 January 2018,
- Croatian Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic on 6 February 2018,
- Portuguese Prime Minister António Costa on 14 March 2018,
- French President Emmanuel Macron on 17 April 2018,
- Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel on 3 May 2018,
- Luxembourg’s Prime Minister Xavier Bettel on 30 May 2018,
- Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte on 13 June 2018 and
- Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki on 4 July 2018.
Procedure: Debate on the future of Europe, without a resolution
Debate: Tuesday, 11 September
Press point or press conference: Tuesday, 11 September, 12:45