EP TODAY 15 September
In a series of debates starting at 9.15 with EU Foreign Policy Chief Josep Borrell, MEPs will comment on the situation in Russia and the poisoning of Alexei Navalny, on Belarus, Lebanon and on the upcoming Special EU summit, focussing on the dangerous escalation of tensions and the role of Turkey in the Eastern Mediterranean.
Resolutions on Russia, Belarus and the Eastern Mediterranean will be put to the vote on Thursday.
COVID-19 tests/risk classification
MEPs will debate from 14.30 to 15.30 the lack of coordination regarding COVID-19 health assessments and risk classification and its consequences for the Schengen area. They are set to call for a common EU approach. A resolution will be put to the vote on Thursday.
Ahead of Wednesday’s debate on the State of the European Union, lead MEPs will discuss the European Union’s priorities and react to questions and ideas from citizens. Find more details here.
The first voting session lasts from 10.30 to 11.45, with results announced at 14.15.
MEPs will vote on amendments on
- a Union Civil Protection Mechanism (final vote Wednesday)
- the European Union’s system of own resources (final vote Wednesday)
- the Implementation of the EU Association Agreement with Georgia (final vote Wednesday).
The second voting session lasts from 17.00 to18.15 with results announced the next morning at 9.00.
MEPs will vote, among other things, on
- the EU’s role in protecting and restoring the world’s forests (final vote)
- the EU-African security cooperation in the Sahel region, West Africa and the Horn of Africa (final vote)
- Type approval of motor vehicles/Real Driving Emissions (vote on amendments, final vote Wednesday)
- Establishing the Just Transition Fund (vote on amendments, final vote Wednesday)
- Arms export (vote on amendments, final vote Wednesday).