EU farm policy reform as approved by MEPs
On Friday, Parliament adopted its position on the future EU Farm policy and for the upcoming talks with EU ministers.
This background note provides further information on:
- the measures that farmers should take to better protect the environment,
- how to distribute EU funds more fairly,
- how to help farmers on the ground by providing targeted advice,
- who should get EU-funded direct payments,
- how much flexibility national governments will have in transferring EU money,
- how to better prepare farmers to cope with future crises,
- what rules will change regarding the wine sector,
- whether meat-related terms can be applied to plant-based products, and
- how to better control compliance with EU rules while cutting red tape.