EU farm policy reform as agreed by the Parliament and Council
On Friday, 25 June 2021, Parliament, Council and Commission negotiators reached an informal political deal on the EU Farm policy from 2023 onwards.
This Q&A provides further information on:
- the measures that farmers should take to better protect the environment,
- how to make EU farm policy fairer,
- how to help farmers on the ground by providing targeted advice,
- who should get EU-funded direct payments,
- how much flexibility national governments will have in transferring EU money,
- how to better prepare farmers to cope with future crises,
- what rules will change regarding the wine sector,
- whether meat and dairy-related terms can be applied to plant-based products, and
- how to control compliance with EU rules more effectively while cutting red tape.