Thursday, 21 January
For detailed information on the session, please also see our newsletter.
All information regarding plenary, including speakers’ lists, can be found here.
Advancing gender equality
In a joint debate from around 09.30 and votes on three resolutions at 13.45, MEPs are set to propose a series of measures to enhance gender equality, better protect women’s rights, notably during and after the COVID-19 crisis, and tackle the digital gender gap.
Human rights debates and resolutions
At around 11.00, MEPs will hold urgent debates on the following human rights, democracy and rule of law topics:
- the crackdown on the democratic opposition in Hong Kong;
- the human rights situation in Turkey, notably the case of Selahattin Demirtas and other prisoners of conscience;
- the human rights situation in Vietnam, in particular the case of human rights journalists Pham Chi Dung, Nguyen Tuong Thuy and Le Huu Minh Tuan.
Resolutions will be put to the vote at 13.45.
EU help for Croatia. At around 08.40, MEPs will discuss with the Commission aid for Croatia in the aftermath of earthquakes. A resolution will be put to the vote at 13.45.
The results of Wednesday’s votes will be announced at 8.30, among other things on
- the Fund for European Aid to the Most Deprived (FEAD).
The first voting session lasts from 09.45 to 11.00, with results announced at 13.00.
MEPs will take a final vote on:
- connectivity and EU-Asia relations.
The second voting session lasts from 13.45 to 15.00, with results announced at 16.30.
MEPs will take final votes on
- Resolution on the arrest of Alexei Navalny
- the right to disconnect
- decent and affordable housing for all
- Resolution on reforming the EU list of tax havens
- Resolution on Venezuela
- the EU strategy for gender equality
- the gender perspective in the COVID-19 crisis and post-crisis period
- the crackdown on the democratic opposition in Hong Kong
- the human rights situation in Turkey
- the human rights situation in Vietnam
- Resolution on mitigating the consequences of earthquakes in Croatia.